Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Item placed in San Diego County Fair

Viking Knit - Bracelet and Earring Set

I entered this set into the Class 44: Constructed Jewelry, all Metal. Amateur category.

I did not win an award for these, but I did learn something while making them. Don't sign up for a category before you make the item. I entered the category and could not make the bracelet look good with just a clasp on it. The hook closure looked better with a bead on it rather than just pain, so I should have entered a different category because it had beads incorporated.

The bracelet is made using on continuous piece of sterling silver wire. The earrings were cut off from the longer length of the bracelet. The beads are faceted black glass about 12mm. The bracelet measures 9 1/2 inches long. Way to big for me so I made myself a bracelet after I saw how sparkly this one turned out.

No comments: